Phantoms of the Aces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An introduction to World of Warships.

2 posters

Go down

An introduction to World of Warships. Empty An introduction to World of Warships.

Post by Hardin4188 Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:06 am

Hello everyone I wanted the first post in this forum to be a useful one! Before playing I recommend one read this guide. It'll help with some of the basics. The main forum has a lot of other useful guides and ship strategies as well.

Out of all three of the wargaming World of... games I like Warships the most. Unlike tanks which were around for only a few decades before World War Two ships obviously were around for quite some time before ww2. By ww1 some of the ships were quite sophisticated compared to early tanks. In fact the British Mark I did not have a separated compartment for the engine making for a very unpleasant trip. Because they aren't primitive and experimental I think most low tier ships are a lot more fun to play then low tier tanks, and there isn't the extreme divide between tiers like there is World of Tanks.

I think everyone should give it a try if they like World of Tanks. It's different enough to not get boring, but it's familiar enough to be able to pick it up quickly.

Edit: The link no longer seems to work. I have found another guide that briefly describes which ammunition to use during which situation that should be a suitable substitute. https://dvsgaming.org/a-guide-to-ammo-in-world-of-warships/

Last edited by Hardin4188 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

An introduction to World of Warships. Empty Re: An introduction to World of Warships.

Post by skyray Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:28 pm

I'm already up to T4 and I'd love some company over there. I know Kestril2k has an account and should be around T2 or 3 by now. I also consider this one my favorite amongst the WG franchise. WoT is fun but a little too gamey to be a top pick for me. I prefer more sim elements like hit boxes as opposed to health bars. Perhaps we should set up a trial day? Get some Phantoms to DL and install and take them through the basics. I'm not sure if the training room is back on line but, if it is, it would be a good place to train new captains. If not, there's always Co-op battles against the AI. What do you think Hardin?
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

An introduction to World of Warships. Empty Re: An introduction to World of Warships.

Post by Hardin4188 Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:57 pm

The training room isn't enabled by default, but using Aslain's mod installer you can reenable it. Co-op is a good way to learn the game, and the ai is very polite. You don't get many credits and experience from it though. I'm in game as MarkaRagnos if you want to play.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:12 pm

I have Aslain's mod pack. I think the newer people should get it too once they have the basics down and can make informed choices. I'll add you in game when I get on next time. Lookin forward to sailing with you.
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:39 am

I have updated the original post, it seems the original guide I was recommending is a dead link so I have posted a new one: https://dvsgaming.org/a-guide-to-ammo-in-world-of-warships/
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:18 am

I might actually get into warships eventually, heard some guys on discord talking about it often, might be fun to tag along. Ill make sure to read that guide, and look into the mods mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:50 pm

WingedMediocrity wrote:I might actually get into warships eventually, heard some guys on discord talking about it often, might be fun to tag along. Ill make sure to read that guide, and look into the mods mentioned.

What I like about it is the slower pace of the games. Ships are much more solid, and the match times last longer. It's harder then World of Tanks to get into, but I think it's a much easier game then Mechwarrior Online. It's much more forgiving to new players and it has a very active community. It is never hard to find a game.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:42 pm

It's also much more fun and increases yor chances of a win if you are teamed up. Right now the limit is 3 players per team and....oh my.....I see 3 of us on this thread! I'm skyray in game so look me up if you decide to give it a whirl. Hardin knows a lot of the advanced tactics but we can both get you through the basics and even show you some mods if you like it.
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down