Phantoms of the Aces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just when I thought MWO couldn't jump another shark...

4 posters

Go down

Just when I thought MWO couldn't jump another shark... Empty Just when I thought MWO couldn't jump another shark...

Post by Jzaltheral Tue May 10, 2016 8:42 pm

For those of you unfamiliar with the expression, jumping the shark
Spoiler:

Apparently MWO is adding supply crates, a la Counter Strike, and you get the joy of paying MC to open them.  Or you can sell the crates for MC.  But you have to find the crate, so expect your light mechs to spend even less time providing that sweet ECM/AMS love than they (grudgingly) do already.

Hooray.

PGI, I am disappoint.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/227702-mayjunejuly-road-map/

Russ Bullock wrote:Thanks for playing.
Fuck you Russ. Fuck you sideways with a pitchfork. You are the reason we cannot have nice things.
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Just when I thought MWO couldn't jump another shark... Empty Re: Just when I thought MWO couldn't jump another shark...

Post by Admin Tue May 10, 2016 8:57 pm

So... Another cash grab that won't remotely help the game?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just when I thought MWO couldn't jump another shark... Empty Re: Just when I thought MWO couldn't jump another shark...

Post by Hardin4188 Wed May 11, 2016 1:54 pm

I'm confused will the maps have power ups or are these something you can buy that has swag inside?
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jzaltheral Wed May 11, 2016 5:39 pm

A case will drop on every map at a random location. If you find it, it's yours. If your team wins the match, one other randomly selected person on your team will also get a copy of it. You may then pay some, as yet undisclosed, amount of MC to open said case and get a randomly selected prize from the list the case contains.
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Wed May 11, 2016 9:37 pm

So that sounds pretty lame, at least they aren't power ups.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Hardin4188 wrote:So that sounds pretty lame, at least they aren't power ups.
I am now picturing a Commando getting to the crate and turning into an Atlas...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jzaltheral Wed May 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Firecrafter wrote:
Hardin4188 wrote:So that sounds pretty lame, at least they aren't power ups.
I am now picturing a Commando getting to the crate and turning into an Atlas...
I am now picturing an Atlas getting a crate and turning into Super Mario.

Thanks Fire.
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Thu May 12, 2016 4:50 pm

That is how I originally interpreted it. As something like you'll get Quake style weapon power ups. Lasers become er lasers ,etc. Still this other idea is almost as silly.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Worstplayer007 Thu May 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Yes!!! Forget about IS getting new weapons or destructible environment as nobody EVER expected it to be in or even working flamers propperly this time there will be never ever useful hands players just never needed them. There will be absolutely no balance in CW like dropping Clans tonnage it just works naturally as it should we will just milk you up because we can. Well guess who will give a flying fuck after that happens? Yes correct answer. Less people = less money.

It might look like it won't work but just for now, because I know that most of the people that play the game are grown up adults so I give that 2 years top before PGI will have real trouble with MWO.

Thank you for your 2 minutes of your lives. Evil Worstplayer007.
Worstplayer007
Worstplayer007

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Update on the supply cache from here.
Russ Bullock wrote:The physical placement and capture mechanic was an aspect of the feature that was not set in stone and was considered experimental with a high level of risk that it would not test out well enough for release, but the original road map text unfortunately was quite a bit more definitive than it should have been.
Beyond that, the feedback we've received regarding that specific aspect of the feature was exactly in line with our own thoughts and that aspect of the feature should have never been included in the road map; we will not be moving forward with the physical placement/capture mechanic for Supply Caches, as it was originally described.
So for the July patch, one Supply Cache will be randomly awarded to one player from the winning Team. It is likely that your eligibility for this random selection will require some minimum degree of participation in the match, but what that participation metric may be is yet to be determined.
So, they are going with a more CS:GO style of things.  The system is still pointless, but now it doesn't seem as if it will change how a match is played.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jzaltheral Fri May 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Firecrafter wrote:Update on the supply cache from here.

So, they are going with a more CS:GO style of things.  The system is still pointless, but now it doesn't seem as if it will change how a match is played.

So now it's win and get free stuff, maybe. Better, but this still has the potential to be a very poor experience.
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Fri May 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Jzaltheral wrote:
Firecrafter wrote:Update on the supply cache from here.

So now it's win and get free stuff, maybe.  Better, but this still has the potential to be a very poor experience.

They probably realized their original plan was the equivalent of getting blackout drunk and taking a dump in the bed. Nobody has time for that kind of foolishness.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jzaltheral Fri May 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Looking at the updated comments the only real issue I still see is that they have to make the items valuable enough to justify what the MC cost of the "keys" is, but not so good that they make all the tier 1 players start smurfing in Tier 5 just to collect crates all day.
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down