Stellaris- New game Paradox Interactive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stellaris- New game Paradox Interactive

Post by Hardin4188 on Fri May 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Hello everyone today I would like to share with you a game that I have been playing for the past few days. Now some of you may not care, but if you have read this much then I will assume that you are interested. So I will begin with by giving a short description of this new game that I am playing, Stellaris.

What is Stellaris? Well Stellaris is the newest game from Paradox Interactive, the developers of Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis. It is a 4X strategy game, "eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate". So think of Master of Orion or Galactic Civilizations. It begins in the year 2200 AD and you are essentially running a galactic empire or at least attempting to run one.

Now I don't want to bore you so like I said I'll keep this brief. How does this game compare to Crusader Kings 2? Does it have child murder? No, well maybe in the abstract. Does it have incest? No. Does it have castration? No. Can you sleep with another man's wife? No. So you may be asking yourself, what is the point of this game? Well I will tell you what it does have. It has subjugation. It has slavery. It has abductions of less developed civilizations. It has genetic modification on a small or large scale allowing you to possibly breed a species of warrior slaves in order to conquer weaker civilizations. It also has a fairly straightforward tech tree with clear goals.

I think to summarize the best thing to say is that it's a fun game. And it has multiplayer! Please reply if you have any questions or concerns regarding Stellaris. I would be happy to provide you with the answers or counseling that you seek.

Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stellaris- New game Paradox Interactive

Post by Jzaltheral on Fri May 13, 2016 6:28 pm

What's the price, oh reviewer of moderation?

Robert E Lee wrote:The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy

Jzaltheral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 on Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Jzaltheral wrote:What's the price, oh reviewer of moderation?

It's only $39.99 for the basic edition! The two other editions have some additional swag like soundtrack and extra alien species dlc or something like that.

Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray on Sat May 14, 2016 2:52 am

Ahhh....maybe you want to give us a link there hoss?   Laughing

Ace Reborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 on Sat May 14, 2016 3:44 am

skyray wrote:Ahhh....maybe you want to give us a link there hoss?   Laughing

Here you go! http://store.steampowered.com/app/281990/

Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray on Sat May 14, 2016 5:28 am

I'm going to check it out on YT too. Haven't played one of these in a long time.

Ace Reborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray on Mon May 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Turns out it looks like an excellent 4x strat game. Got the basic copy downloaded and installed. I'm going to recommend it to a few others once I get the gameplay down a bit. Thanks for the heads up Hardin! Cool

Ace Reborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worstplayer007 on Tue May 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Stellaris is something that I might buy one day assuming that I will have the money, but I have not seen enough of this game I would if you would be so kind Hardin and turn on your broadcast.
Worstplayer007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 on Wed May 18, 2016 3:44 pm

skyray wrote:Turns out it looks like an excellent 4x strat game. Got the basic copy downloaded and installed. I'm going to recommend it to a few others once I get the gameplay down a bit.  Thanks for the heads up Hardin! Cool

I'm glad you like it. It truly feels like a proper sequel to Master of Orion. It feels like the game that Master of Orion 3 was supposed to be. There's just so much to it.

Worstplayer007 wrote:Stellaris is something that I might buy one day assuming that I will have the money, but I have not seen enough of this game I would if you would be so kind Hardin and turn on your broadcast.

Sorry my upload speed is not very good. There are plenty of youtube videos of gameplay if you want to see it.

Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray on Thu May 19, 2016 12:25 am

Hey Worst, here's a couple of links so that you can get an idea of how some aspects of it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkcT3NdArFk

I also wanted to point out that it seems like some of the older 4x style boardgames or free form games like 'Stellar Conquest' and 'Victory By Any Means'. I had very limited experience with "Master of Orion" but this looks like the visuals and immersives may be even better.

Ace Reborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray on Thu May 19, 2016 3:55 am

Sorry man.....I forgot the trailer and I'm also posting up a better preview by Angry Joe and one of the devs.

Ace Reborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you very much Sky Angry Joe is for me one of the best youtubers yet.

Post by Worstplayer007 on Thu May 19, 2016 8:21 am

skyray wrote:Sorry man.....I forgot the trailer and I'm also posting up a better preview by Angry Joe and one of the devs.

Worstplayer007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 on Fri May 20, 2016 2:54 pm

For those who are interested this thread here has a list of some of the upgrades that will go into the next few patches.

Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray on Sat May 21, 2016 4:21 pm

Hardin, looks like those upgrades will make gameplay significantly more flexible if you look at them all together. I'm wondering if POTA should start a cooperative empire of some kind in the game. Your views? (Open to all of course)

Ace Reborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 on Sat May 21, 2016 8:38 pm

skyray wrote:Hardin, looks like those upgrades will make gameplay significantly more flexible if you look at them all together.  I'm wondering if POTA should start a cooperative empire of some kind in the game. Your views? (Open to all of course)

A cooperative empire? I'm sorry, I don't understand. Do you want to play multiplayer?

Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray on Tue May 24, 2016 5:42 am

I haven't seen enough of the game to say for sure but it is offered. Of course, slugging it out amongst ourselves could be a good deal of fun too.

Ace Reborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum