Phantoms of the Aces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colorschemes

+3
Jzaltheral
RTSThunder
Sneak78
7 posters

Go down

Should we Standardize Colors?

Colorschemes I_vote_lcap0%Colorschemes I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Colorschemes I_vote_lcap50%Colorschemes I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Colorschemes I_vote_lcap50%Colorschemes I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Colorschemes Empty Colorschemes

Post by Sneak78 Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:17 pm

I wanted to check which colors we use in the unit. Now, the obvious reply would be "Black, Blue and Red". And I have anticipated this reply.. I am more interested in which SPECIFIC colors we use.. IE; which shades. Is it Phoenix Black, Steiner Deep Blue and Steiner Red?
Sneak78
Sneak78

Back to top Go down

Colorschemes Empty Re: Colorschemes

Post by RTSThunder Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm

Well it is nothing specific, but I use Ox Blood, Resistance Black, and Sapphire.
RTSThunder
RTSThunder
The Anti-Memer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jzaltheral Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:10 am

We don't have specific colors, simply because not everyone can fork out money for colors. Feeol free to pick a combination that looks good to you.
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneak78 Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Alright, thats cool. I'll mess about with it and see what I can come up with.
Sneak78
Sneak78

Back to top Go down

Post by Northstate Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm so going to become screaming orange
Northstate
Northstate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Northstate wrote:I'm so going to become screaming orange

I tried doing the whole blue/orange color contrast thing on my mechs. It looks really cool, but you stand out and are targeted quickly.

I will normally use blue, white and red to keep it close to Steiner colors, but I don't use the Steiner dark blue and prefer red to orange. I use sapphire or cobalt and titanium white.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Hardin4188 wrote:
Northstate wrote:I'm so going to become screaming orange

I tried doing the whole blue/orange color contrast thing on my mechs. It looks really cool, but you stand out and are targeted quickly.

I will normally use blue, white and red to keep it close to Steiner colors, but I don't use the Steiner dark blue and prefer red to orange. I use sapphire or cobalt and titanium white.
That's why I use camo dark blue, resistance black, and ox blood.  It fits our scheme but doesn't stand out too much.

Last edited by Firecrafter on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Since that sounds like a good variant for Steiner allies, maybe we should all kind of copy you with the colors if not the patterns? I still do think that it would be great if we had a unit 'standard' that everyone could work up to over time. I think it would be impressive when we drop and all show up actually looking like a unit. Just the old soldier in me I guess.
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneak78 Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:37 pm

skyray wrote:Since that sounds like a good variant for Steiner allies, maybe we should all kind of copy you with the colors if not the patterns?  I still do think that it would be great if we had a unit 'standard' that everyone could work up to over time. I think it would be impressive when we drop and all show up actually looking like a unit.  Just the old soldier in me I guess.

I certainly agree with that sentiment.. So the colors (in general) are: Blue/Black/Red ?

We go with Blue as the dominant color (regardless of which color "slot), black as secondary and red as teriary/details?

Slightly related to this: Does anyone know what the status of the emblems is? Saw some post from last year where they stated the coding of it was completed.. Regardless when/if those arrive, thats also a way to get some unit cohesion.. No way of knowing if we could actually import the PotA logo..

Please don't double post.
Sneak78
Sneak78

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Slightly related to this: Does anyone know what the status of the emblems is? Saw some post from last year where they stated the coding of it was completed.. Regardless when/if those arrive, thats also a way to get some unit cohesion.. No way of knowing if we could actually import the PotA logo..

Please don't double post.

I had asked Firecrafter about this and I think he said that there's no way to upload and apply clan or group symbols directly onto the mechs in the game yet.  If they develop that, I think we'll need someone to code and upload our clan symbol at that time. Like you, I think it would be awesome for our teams to drop in in unit colors with unit symbology being sported. Something we can work on for the future? I knoow I'd front what cash I could for the priviledge lol Cool

Well, I bought the colors. Namely Camo Dark Blue, Oxblood and Resistance Black. Cost 2,500 MC for the 3. Problem is, I can't find a pattern or combo that I like so far. I did Blue and Black on one of my MAD's and that looks ok. Still working on my Ravens and Shadowhawks. If anyone finds a good looking patten, let me know and I'll try it out.
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Considering how this post is getting a huge amount of traffic.  I am adding a poll to the post to let you guys vote if you want to standardize the colors.  Keep in mind that we could also have it set that two colors are the unit colors and the tertiary color could be something that applies to the lance you are in.  We will NOT require players to get or wear colors regardless of the decision made.  Feel free to keep discussing your points on here, I will allow you to change your votes.  The poll will end on 26 March.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm

skyray wrote:I had asked Firecrafter about this and I think he said that there's no way to upload and apply clan or group symbols directly onto the mechs in the game yet.  If they develop that, I think we'll need someone to code and upload our clan symbol at that time. Like you, I think it would be awesome for our teams to drop in in unit colors with unit symbology being sported. Something we can work on for the future? I knoow I'd front what cash I could for the priviledge lol Cool

They do plan on releasing decals for the mechs soon. I'm thinking this will include our unit emblem, at least that's what I'm hoping.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:34 pm

I am surprised that no one voted for unit standardization. In truth, I didn't either because I wanted a Lance color too. Also, no mention of specific patterns? I also wanted to clarify that I had no intention of suggesting that anyone be excluded for not "flying the colors". that would be a bit much, even for the likes of me lol.
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneak78 Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:23 am

skyray wrote:  I am surprised that no one voted for unit standardization.  In truth, I didn't either because I wanted a Lance color too. Also, no mention of specific patterns?  I also wanted to clarify that I had no intention of suggesting that anyone be excluded for not "flying the colors".  that would be a bit much, even for the likes of me lol.

Well, patterns are problematic, mainly two reasons 1 - The same pattern is rarely available over multiple mechs 2 - even if it was, it would be horribly expensive for everyone.

Personally, I use the Steiner Pattern - which seems to be available for the new mechs coming out (Atleast, the ARC and WHM, dont know about the others) - but the pattern is not available for older mechs like the Phoenix mechs.

Even if patterns wouldent cost as much as they do (1500MC for the Steiner pattern for example), we still wouldent be able to set a single one as there is no single pattern available for all mechs..
Sneak78
Sneak78

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:13 pm

skyray wrote:  I am surprised that no one voted for unit standardization.  In truth, I didn't either because I wanted a Lance color too. Also, no mention of specific patterns?  I also wanted to clarify that I had no intention of suggesting that anyone be excluded for not "flying the colors".  that would be a bit much, even for the likes of me lol.
My guess is people like to still have that little bit of freedom to make their 'mech "theirs."  In our unwritten lore, we are a merc company from one of the planets that was under Steiner rule.  We chose to stay and fight once our homeland came under attack due to patriotism.  Because of that, I never had an issue if people wanted to use ox blood or some other color, we aren't a formal military unit.  For me, I pick my colors as a more worn down camo look.  I do not like how shiny the Steiner colors are and would not be using them in the first place.  At this point, the poll is dead even, so we really don't know where this will end up.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jzaltheral Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:25 pm

To expand on my earlier answer - the only time I use our standard colors is when we're doing an organized event (like our lance drops), as it provides a nice look of unity. If I'm just pugging, you'll see my mechs in various camos - typically woodland, desert, or snow because puglandia.
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:20 am

Ditto to what Jazz said. When I'm on my on....I get whatever suits my mood Wink
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content