Phantoms of the Aces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Patch Notes] April 19

3 posters

Go down

[Patch Notes] April 19 Empty [Patch Notes] April 19

Post by Jzaltheral Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:15 pm

If you haven't read them, there are a LOT of changes to the game for this patch.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/04/1525-patch-notes-1465-19apr2016
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

[Patch Notes] April 19 Empty Re: [Patch Notes] April 19

Post by Sneak78 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah.. Phase 3. When Reading them, I thought of something: Do we register as a "team" for Community warfare, or as pugs? As we dont do much Community and all..
Sneak78
Sneak78

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:39 pm

We're a loyalist unit so we'll be playing in the faction play unit queue. We don't often have 12 people on at one time so the easiest way to get a 12 man is using the LCAF teamspeak to find a group.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jzaltheral Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:40 pm

But, I for one, welcome our new 4 v 4 overlords.  It should be a good way to get small groups like us involved in FW
Jzaltheral
Jzaltheral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneak78 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Well, yeah.. Loyalist, that goes without saying: But as I understood the notes, you can (individually, I assume) elect either to go for "Group" or "pug" while loyalist. Or did I misread that? And that would effect who you'd be matched up against.. Somehow.
Sneak78
Sneak78

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Jzaltheral wrote:But, I for one, welcome our new 4 v 4 overlords.  It should be a good way to get small groups like us involved in FW

Yes, it'll be fun if you like small mechs. You can't take a mech over 55 tons.

Sneak78 wrote:Well, yeah.. Loyalist, that goes without saying: But as I understood the notes, you can (individually, I assume) elect either to go for "Group" or "pug" while loyalist. Or did I misread that? And that would effect who you'd be matched up against.. Somehow.

As we are members of a group we will have a separate queue then lone wolves and solo loyalists. Essentially freelancers have a new queue while we have to use the old system and will go up against coordinated 12 mans still.

PGI wrote:Known Issues

• Faction and Mercenary Rank titles will not display on your website/forum profile.
• Faction Loyalty Rank title may appear incorrectly after re-joining a Faction you deserted from in the past.
• Mercenary Rank titles will all display only as "Mercenary" while in a match.
There is currently no method for a Unit to locate its claimed Planets.

Fail....
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneak78 Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:41 pm

Hardin4188 wrote:

Sneak78 wrote:Well, yeah.. Loyalist, that goes without saying: But as I understood the notes, you can (individually, I assume) elect either to go for "Group" or "pug" while loyalist. Or did I misread that? And that would effect who you'd be matched up against.. Somehow.

As we are members of a group we will have a separate queue then lone wolves and solo loyalists. Essentially freelancers have a new queue while we have to use the old system and will go up against coordinated 12 mans still.

Hrm.. Okay. So does that apply when we PUG as well?
Sneak78
Sneak78

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardin4188 Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Sneak78 wrote:
Hardin4188 wrote:

Hrm.. Okay. So does that apply when we PUG as well?

Yes, alright so here's an example. There's you, me, Jim Bob and Duncan. We are all proud loyal Steiners. We are in a unit so even if we join a faciton play game alone then we will be in the unit queue. Jim Bob and Duncan do not have units, so they are in an entirely different matchmaking queue. Now say Jim Bob gets tired of this. He wants to be in our queue. He can join the unit queue by creating a one man unit called the Jimmy Bobbers. Jim Bob is the only member of the Jimmy Bobbers, but this allows him to play in our queue. While Duncan remains tagless and continues playing in the solo queue.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down