Phantoms of the Aces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll

+2
Blitz
Admin
6 posters

Go down

What Game Should we Play for the Game Night?

Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll I_vote_lcap38%Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll I_vote_lcap25%Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll I_vote_lcap37%Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll Empty Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll

Post by Admin Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Hey all,

After the suggestion for a game night passed with flying colors, I think it is time we start actually deciding on when and what game to play.  Currently I am thinking we should do this first one this weekend at around 1700 GMT.  Please feel free to put down games that you think we should play (if you need to see who owns what games, please refer to the steam group).  Again, my votes are for either MWO, Payday 1 or 2, or Killing Floor.  Please post what you think regarding what game you want, date, and time.

Edit: Took KF off my list of recommended games due to the fact that only 2 of us own it.

Last edited by Firecrafter on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll Empty Re: Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:16 pm

I think playing an easily accessible game, such as a browser based game, would be better. For example, a couple of people I have talked to would be interested in Cards against Humanity, and Town of Salem.

Back to top Go down

Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll Empty Re: Phantoms 1st Community Game Night Info and Game Poll

Post by Blitz Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Cards against Humanity could be interesting to do as a group. Personally, I was also considering playing Garry's Mod. If we did choose to do that, we could then go ahead and choose a mode such as TTT or Prop Hunt, etc.

Although I do not know how many people would consider doing such a thing, CS:GO 3v3, 5v5, or similar could be an event that we could get together and play as the Phantoms.

Last edited by Blitz on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blitz
Blitz
Ace Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:22 pm

Blitz wrote:Cards against Humanity could be interesting to do as a group. Personally, I was also considering playing Garry's Mod. If we did choose to do that, we could then go ahead and choose a mode such as TTT or Prop Hunt, etc.

Although I do not know how many people would consider doing such a thing, CS:GO 3v3, 5v5, or similar could be an event that we could get together and play as the Phantoms.
I know for a fact CS:GO is what fire had in mind with this Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:10 am

Since I don't think that any RPG's are likely to make the list, I'll just list what I think we can all play (or most of us) that I like. I'm willing to try something new if it's not too expensive.

Wargame Airland Battle
Wargame Red Dragon
War Thunder
World of Tanks
World of Warships
Planetside 2
Defcon
Mech Warriors Online
Chess

And yes, all of that is combat oriented and yes, I'm a sick, demented, militaristic soul that dreams of death and destruction on a wide scale. Hate on me if you want lol. Twisted Evil
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:51 am

scott1117 wrote:
Blitz wrote:Cards against Humanity could be interesting to do as a group. Personally, I was also considering playing Garry's Mod. If we did choose to do that, we could then go ahead and choose a mode such as TTT or Prop Hunt, etc.

I know for a fact CS:GO is what fire had in mind with this Twisted Evil
As much as you guys know CS:GO isn't my main choice of game.  If it is the one people want to play most, I will gladly play with you all.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by skyray Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:52 am

Well.....I had never even looked at CS:GO before but I just did. FPS games are fun and I like them but I usually suck at them. What is it that makes CS:GO different from Ghost Recon or Call of Duty or Medal of Honor?

As far as a common game for our group, I'd say I was with Firecrafter. Might not be my first choice but one of my problems with FPS's in the past has been no team to play with and some REALLY unrealistic kinds of stuff I've seen. RL tactics and such just didn't seem to work. 10 year old twitch artists, snipecampers and Mapmemorizers seemed to rule the day when I last played an FPS regularly. There were some games that were among the most fun and memorable I've ever played too. Never the less, if that's the vote, I'll download and install. I'm a Phantom and I go where my team goes.
skyray
skyray
Retired Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:59 am

skyray wrote:Well.....I had never even looked at CS:GO before but I just did. FPS games are fun and I like them but I usually suck at them.  What is it that makes CS:GO different from Ghost Recon or Call of Duty or Medal of Honor?  

As far as a common game for our group, I'd say I was with Firecrafter. Might not be my first choice but one of my problems with FPS's in the past has been no team to play with and some REALLY unrealistic kinds of stuff I've seen. RL tactics and such just didn't seem to work. 10 year old twitch artists, snipecampers and Mapmemorizers seemed to rule the day when I last played an FPS regularly. There were some games that were among the most fun and memorable I've ever played too. Never the less, if that's the vote, I'll download and install. I'm a Phantom and I go where my team goes.
What I actually mean Sky was that I personally don't go to CS:GO first when I want a shooter game.  Many guys on here do enjoy it, and I won't let my personal opinion influence the vote.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:10 am

skyray wrote:Well.....I had never even looked at CS:GO before but I just did. FPS games are fun and I like them but I usually suck at them.  What is it that makes CS:GO different from Ghost Recon or Call of Duty or Medal of Honor?  

Well. I find that CS:GO is different from other games (from my experiences, at least) in the sense that teamwork can make a very large impact on the results of the game. Doing well in the game is also rewarded by earning funds more quickly in order to buy different guns and grenades to influence the rounds. If a team works together to take/hold sites, the game can be highly rewarding.
Blitz
Blitz
Ace Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by sgtalbers Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:03 pm

The only other Games that a decent amount of people have access to are War Thunder, WoWs and GTAV (but i would not add that to the list).

Personally i think we should play either a FtP game or a Browsergame.
sgtalbers
sgtalbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:57 pm

sgtalbers wrote:The only other Games that a decent amount of people have access to are War Thunder, WoWs and GTAV (but i would not add that to the list).

Personally i think we should play either a FtP game or a Browsergame.
I personally am good with a browser game as well, particularly in before-mentioned Town of Salem.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTSThunder Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Definitely would enjoy doing some Cards, or any of the Gmod Gamemodes. Although some of the people that are not into hardcore shooters like CS may be opposed to doing the 3v3, or 5v5 side of things.( Let alone if we will have enough people for the 5v5)
RTSThunder
RTSThunder
The Anti-Memer

Back to top Go down

Post by ZodiacHide Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:34 pm

I am personally for Browser games and free to play games as well. Personally I'm very fond of Town of Salem, as it's quite enjoyable and easy to learn.

My suggestions are HearthStone, Osu! and Trackmania Nations Forever as all of them are free to play.
Only problems could be HearthStone as it's only possible with 1v1s and you have split American and European (asian as well) servers. And that a deck can consist of a lot of different cards, and cards can also be obtained which means a more experienced player with longer play time probably has better cards than the less experienced player with less time, though this does not change much.

Osu! could be a semi-decent game, though skill varies a lot through this game though u can make it easier for less experience players by using in-game mods to lower the skill level. The game requires the person to download beatmaps from Osu!'s website but they're very small downloads.
One thing I personally have a small problem with is that most of the music is either Anime/K-pop/J-pop or alike music. Though the game is still enjoyable.

Trackmania Nations Forever is quite a simple one as I believe (from my research) that it's very easy to set up a private server and start playing with friends. However as I've yet to try this I do not know if ping could be a problem.
You practically don't need much skill to play this game and enjoy it as it's very easy to pick up and enjoy, and compete against each other to get the best lap time.

These games could be good though some people don't enjoy certain games like card games (HearthStone). I'd assume Trackmania would be the most enjoyable out of the games mentioned, but you never know.
ZodiacHide

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:05 pm

Poll is now up for what we should play based on the requested games.  The event will happen Saturday 8 August at 1900 GMT.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:28 pm

7 days to die has gained a lot of new attention, with the mindcrakers going at it. As far as I have seen. It could be fun for a base vs base (pvp) style mode. It could bring a lot of derps and fun, since non of us probably play the game much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Well, the poll is closed.  There is a tie between Cards Against Humanity and Town of Salem.  So, to remedy this, we will likely decide amongst ourselves tomorrow on which game we want to play or if we want to play both.  See you then!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Just a final reminder, the event starts at 1900 GMT today.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down