Phantoms of the Aces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Discord guidelines and reminder of existing code of conduct.

3 posters

Go down

New Discord guidelines and reminder of existing code of conduct. Empty New Discord guidelines and reminder of existing code of conduct.

Post by Hardin4188 Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Hello everyone I hope all is going well for you. After several recent incidents Firecrafter and I talked about clarifying the Discord guidelines. Before I begin I suggest everyone read our general code of conduct. It already covers most of what I am about to say, but I feel like it needs to be addressed again. When using Discord we want it to be a fun experience for everyone. No one should feel left out in our community. Taunts, and jokes may be funny at times, but if someone says it has gone too far then it needs to stop. If the harassment continues then please file a report with the mod staff.

There are some jokes that people know are already inappropriate. Racial slurs should not be used and neither should insults about a person's gender or sexual orientation. Some other jokes need to stop outright. The jokes about killing yourself or suicide need to stop. These types of comments have been coming from multiple people and in order to be fair I feel it's best that the comments stop outright.

Once again I suggest reading the code of conduct again. Please respect one another.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

New Discord guidelines and reminder of existing code of conduct. Empty Re: New Discord guidelines and reminder of existing code of conduct.

Post by Blitz Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:56 pm

I see what you are attempting to get at... however, why is it that whenever something arises the only response is to further make restrictions. Eventually that will completely keep anybody from coming because it is no longer a "fun" environment because they will be forced to learn a new set of laws.
Blitz
Blitz
Ace Reborn

Back to top Go down

New Discord guidelines and reminder of existing code of conduct. Empty Re: New Discord guidelines and reminder of existing code of conduct.

Post by Hardin4188 Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Unfortunately that's what moderating is a lot of times. Restrictions will continue to increase until everyone behaves. Laws are very rarely proactive. They are usually a response to an action that is deemed inappropriate in the society.
Hardin4188
Hardin4188
Moderator of Moderation

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Hardin4188 wrote:Unfortunately that's what moderating is a lot of times. Restrictions will continue to increase until everyone behaves. Laws are very rarely proactive. They are usually a response to an action that is deemed inappropriate in the society.  
Furthermore, no new restrictions were made. We are simply highlighting an ongoing issue that needs to be resolved. We haven't modified the CoC in any way.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:13 am

I know i've thrown around a few mindlessly spoken things, ill make sure to be more careful. Im not very stubborn, if someone asks something of me out of decency and within reason i have no problem complying, hope that the issue is fixed soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down